Inside Ben Hall
Benedictine Hall: The Center of Campus
The addition to Benedictine Hall, completed in 1913, added new science labs to the already grand building.
This photo shows St. Procopius's "Chemical Laboratory" in 1918. This room was in the 1913 addition to Benedictine Hall.
St. Procopius's "Physical Laboratory." This equipment shown here was state-of-the-art in 1918.
Mass in the Chapel, located in Benedictine Hall, in 1920.
This photo was taken in the original library, or Reading Room, located in Ben Hall. Electricity was still rather rare in the World War One era, but this room does have electric lights.
There seems to be a "Stars and Stripes" theme in these decorations adorning the Auditorium in this 1921 photo. The streamers could easily have been red, white and blue. Perhaps this was an Armistice Day celebration. Patriotism on campus ran high during the World War One years, and an Armistice Day program would not have been unusual.