Library of Change: Celebrating 125 Years of Benedictine University 1887-2012

St. Procopius, St. Benedict, and the Benedictine order represent knowledge, hospitality, and a rich culture of valuing books and the written word, and the school that is their namesake has carried on and embraced that tradition. The school has put effort into strengthening and expanding its library over the years, beginning with the purchase of several thousand volumes in 1918, to the expansion of the first library located in Benedictine Hall, up to the 2012 renovation of the Library in Kindlon Hall. This exhibit explores the evolution of the Benedictine University Library. 


Joan Hopkins, Julie Wroblewski & Rachel Senese