Lake Saint Benedict
"During the Depression, no major improvements were possible. However, such minor improvements as could be made without expenditure of money, with local labor and equipment, helped to make the campus more attractive and useful. This included such projects as building athletic fields, excavating the swampy area south-west of the main building to produce a small lake (the "slough"), using the earth excavated to fill in the low spot directly south of the main building, thus producing an ideal baseball diamond (at one time called the south diamond) in the area where Ondrak Hall was later located." - Fr. Vitus Buresh, O.S.B., The Procopian Chronicle: St Procopius Abbey 1885-1985, page 83.